If you are as busy as I am, then you’ll appreciate this quick and easy way to get a fabulous “hand painted stencil look” for your accent piece.
1) I had some cream “wallpaper with gold leaf” pattern gathering dust in the corner of my design studio that I decided to use. Find some wallpaper that you have available, either vinyl or paper.
2) Paint the entire piece the color of the background of the wallpaper. In this case I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® Old White.
3) I ‘mog-poged’ (decoupaged / glued on) wallpaper to the top of the piece and door panels. When it was dry I put a ‘watery’ coat of decoupage over the wallpaper, especially on the edges of the paper on the top so it wouldn’t start to peel off). Let dry.
4) I put a coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® Clear Wax over the entire piece.
5) Distress the piece as you desire.
7) All done! I always love to add the “jewelry” at the end.